is a lightweight magnetic switch and is ideal for RC gliders and DLGs. This device allows the radio control gear to be switched on and off by holding the supplied magnet close to the switch for three seconds. This version has a JST BEC socket at the battery end, making it suitable for LiPo batteries supplied with red JST BEC plugs, as is most common. The receiver end is fitted with a standard RC (JR) plug, as used on servos.
If the switch is mounted under fuse skin the magnet can be outside and the switch inside, so the RC can be switched on without removing the access hatch. Careful firmware design ensures that stray magnetic fields cannot toggle the switch incorrectly.
The device defaults to on
when first powered up - this safety feature means that if there is a brief voltage drop caused by a bad connection or low battery voltage the device will stay on when the voltage returns. It also means that the model can be flown if the magnet is lost, just unplug and re-plug the receiver battery to switch it on.The benefits of this magnetic RC on-off switch
- Clever firmware indicates when the switch is sensing the magnet to give instant feedback.
- When switched on the LED flashes indicating the RC is now on.
- The flashes are very brief to keep the switch's energy usage to a minimum.
- The magnetic switch utilises a Hall Effect Sensor (no mechanical switching parts).
- Safe and reliable :
- Default to on - if the battery is disconnected and then reconnected the output will turn on every time.
- The magnetic switch is programmed to ensure the magnet is over the sensor for 3 seconds without interruption and only then will it toggle the switch state.
- Extremely resilient to magnetic interference due to the algorithm used.
When the switch is plugged into the power supply for the first time the output will turn on and the LED will flash.
Magnetic Switch Operation
- Place the switch as close to the fuselage or wing surface as possible.
- Use a thin piece of double sided tape to hold the switch in place.
- To locate the sensor simply sweep over the approximate sensor location area, when the Hall effect device sees the magnet the LED will turn solid on indicating the perfect position.
- Use a marker pen and mark where the sensor is located.
- To turn the switch off place the supplied magnet over the sensor and the LED will light up continuously. Hold the magnet in place for 3 seconds without interruption. Tip: count 1, 1000, 2, 2000, 3, 3000.
- To turn on the RC hold the magnet over the sensor again, keeping it still for three seconds, as above.
Please ensure a full range check of the model is undertaken prior to use.
|PicoSwitch Magnetic RC Switch Specifications|
||2.8 g (0.1 oz)
||15 mm x 8 mm x 4 mm
|Overall length inc leads
|Max continuous current
|Max current for 10s
||3.0V - 8.6V (1S to 2S LiPo, 3 to 6 cells NiMH)
|On Vdrop @ 1.3A
|Off quiescent current
||-40°C to +80°C
|Servo Cable Colour Code|