The Joy F5J
is an all new 2.5m (98") span F5J electric glider from HQ Composites in Ukraine. With an excellent surface finish and a modern practical design this is sure to be a very successful model. The well proven AG series airfoils, combined with the high aspect ratio polyhedral wing and the low drag finish give this model a great all round performance, with easy thermalling and great legs for returning upwind after specing the glider out.
Special features of this model include:
- A well designed low drag fuselage with an under-wing access hatch for easy RC installation and maintenance.
- A large canopy hatch that springs into place, VM style. This gives easy access to the powertrain and allows quick battery changes.
- A high aspect ratio polyhedral wing with Drela airfoils optimised for F5J flying - the wing is especially stable in thermal turns, allowing the model to be climbed away from small, weak thermals with minimal control input.
- The wing maintains a good L/D up to higher speeds, allowing the Joy F5J to easily return from far downwind.
- Excellent quality of construction with useful accessories supplied to allow a quick RC installation.
- The two part wing and the tailplane are easily removable, allowing the model to be easily transported.
The fuselage is an all carbon one piece design with nose and underwing access hatches and a ready installed pylon for mounting the spead carbon tailplane. The SC fin and rudder is removable and is held in place with tape.
The wing is an all molded spread carbon over blue foam structure with a great surface finish, and very good strength, considering its low weight. It is noteworthy that the wiring for the flap and aileron servos is built in, with the sockets already built into the wing roots, and skeleton conductors for inserting into the servo plugs - no soldering required - just tape over the plugs after inserting the conductors.
The accessory bag contains fuselage servo mount, carbon servo covers, wire and tubes for flap and aileron pushrods, pull cable and torque springs for the tail surfaces, all control horns and the fuselage end of the wiring harness. Also included is a firewall for recessed installation 30mm behind the front of the fuselage. This is suitable for mounting a 28mm dia outrunner, but will not work with any of the motors we stock. These will require a 32mm front firewall.
No manual is currently available. Any modeller interested in making an RCGroups build log please contact us!
|Joy F5J Specifications|
||614 sq in
|Length inc spinner
|Flying weight from
||5.6 oz/sq ft
||AG series mod
|Centre of Gravity
||72-78 mm from wing leading edge
||Rudder, elevator, ailerons, flap, throttle
|Joy F5J Typical Weights|
|Wing servos (4)
|Prop & spinner