In 2019 VM has released a new plastic version of their Universal Fuselage LDS for MKS 6100
. See the first two photos. All other photos show the previous wood design - however these are useful to see the general configuration.
Vladimir's Models have developed the Universal Fuselage LDS for MKS 6100
servo installation system to enable rudder and elevator servos to be mounted in the fuselage in a way that minimises the space required and maximises control rigidity. It is a simple, very rigid, light and compact control system.
This is brilliant idea for electric gliders and good for pure gliders too. It works for all modern F3J/F3F/F5J type gliders including the Shinto, Maxa Pro Electric, Maxa Pro glider and Supra Expert glider.
This LDS system is easy to make and easy to install. The servo horns are screwed to the bearing on the frame. The neutral position of the horns and rod length are regulated separately from the servos. After that we just fasten servos to the frame. This method greatly simplifies the installation and adjustment because servos occupy the entire volume of the upper part of the fuselage.
The Universal Fuselage LDS for MKS 6100
has these advantages:
- It works on most modern F3J, F3F, F5J etc fuselages.
- Simple, quick, accurate installation.
- Inverted upside down servos allow the tail pushrods to be straighter, reducing friction.
- Lower pushrods move the rods down to improve space for the battery.
- The servo horn has additional bearing support, reducing the servo backlash and protecting the servo gear against shock loads.
- Works with the best economic servos currently available, the MKS DS6100 and MKS HV6100.
See photos two to six for installation instructions.