The Edge F5J
is the new electric R/C glider from the Doroshenko works in Ukraine. They are the experts who produce the Euphoria and Simitri F3/F5J so you know the build quality is up with the very best.
The Edge is the most innovative thermal soarer for a long time, and to combine this with a very light and competitive F5J weight is extraordinary. Innovations include:
- Cranked wingtips with connected two part ailerons, so they are both operated by a single aileron servo per side.
- The fuselage pod incorporates a ballast holder with a very clever design.
- The four piece wing and two part fuselage allows the model to fit into a box just 112 cm ( 44") long.
- The tailboom incorporates front mounted tail servos (to help with CG and to minimise inertia) so that separating the fuselage pod from the tail does not affect the trim and only requires unplugging electrical connectors.
- The tailplane incorporates elevators for quick and precise pitch control AND variable incidence so the trim drag can be eliminated.
- Both tailplane incidence and elevator pushrods are pre-installed. The tailplane incidence can be fixed in place once you have determined your favourite position, connected to the elevator servo for max control authority, or connected to a separate servo to separate trimming from pitch control.
- Internal flap and aileron LDS style pushrods are installed in the wing to speed construction and eliminate control connection drag.
The fuselage pod is a strong carbon structure with a ready-fitted 30 mm firewall. The flying surfaces are all solid molded spread carbon over Rohacel to ensure a robust, rigid model with a long-lasting high quality finish. All control connections are included in the complete accessory pack. Despite the high tech and state of the art design the Edge F5J is very easy and quick to finish.
More info available on this RCGroups Edge thread
|Edge F5J Specifications|
||1150 sq in
|Flying weight from
||5.4 oz/sq ft
|Centre of Gravity
||99-110 mm from wing leading edge
||Rudder, elevator, ailerons, flaps, throttle, optional tail incidence
|Edge F5J Typical Weights|
|Boom & pushrods
|Wing centre panel
|Wing tip panels
|Prop & spinner
|Elevator & rudder
||MKS DS75K-N, MKS HV75K-N, MKS DS6100, MKS HV6100, BMS-126WV, KST X08N
||MKS DS6100, MKS HV6100, MKS HV6110, BMS-115HV, BMS-125WV, BMS-M15V, BMS-M57V, KST X10 Mini, MKS HV6130
||MKS DS75K-N, MKS HV75K-N, MKS DS6100, MKS HV6100, MKS HV6110, BMS-115HV, BMS-125WV, BMS-M15V, KST X08, KST X08H, KST X10 Mini
|Edge Control Movements|
||25 mm each way
||85 degrees down
||14 mm up, 14 mm down
||12 mm up, 12 mm down
|Recommended camber settings (measured at flap root TE)>
||-1.5° (flat bottom surface)
||0° (flat top surface at hinge)
||+2° (3 mm down)