The YGE40 ESC
is a high quality German engineered brushless electronic speed controller for powered gliders, helicopters, aerobats, and sports models. YGE is the most reliable brand of speed controller currently available and gives the best performance from all electric motors.
The YGE40 ESC is a 40 A electronic speed control with a powerful 5.5V Switching BEC (battery eliminator circuit) for powering the RC. The BEC can give out 3 A continuously and 5 A for short periods. Adequate cooling is required for sustained running at the maximum continuous full power ESC and BEC current limits.
The YGE40 has powerful braking facilities to ensure that folding props fold correctly, without over straining the gearbox.
The YGE40 has an excellent helicopter governor mode allowing low and high rpm flight condition with the same pinion, allowing modern flybarless helis to benefit from the excellent low RPM capabilities of flybarless modules.
The YGE40 has these benefits:
- Under voltage protection by power reduction.
- Configurable under voltage detection.
- Suitable for LiPo, LiFe, NiMh, NiCd and new battery chemistries.
- Switching BEC ensures reliable well regulated 5.5V power to the RC.
- Excellent speed regulation (Governor mode).
- Soft start.
- Active free-wheel, allowing unlimited part load operation.
- Automatic or 6 step adjustable timing.
- Continuously adjustable F3A brake.
- Three step adjustable regular back EMF brake.
- Temperature and overload warning.
- Anti sparking circuit reduces connection sparks and eliminates damage.
|YGE40 ESC Specifications|
|Max current (10s)
||6V - 22V (2S-6S LiPo)
|BEC output voltage
|BEC continuous current
|BEC max current
||62 mm x 25 mm x 8 mm
|Weight bare/inc cables
||19 g / 35 g
||8 to 16 kHz
||240, 000 RPM (2-Pole motors)
||Transmitter, YGE ProgCard 3
June 2017: YGE ESCS cannot currently handle HV (4.35V) LiPo cells correctly. If using HV LiPos either charge to the normal LiPo 4.2V full charge voltage, or disable undervoltage cut-off using the programming card.